Our family has been using essential oils for a few years now and I love the results. Whether it’s lifting our moods or helping us focus, I find multiple ways to work them into our everyday lives. My friend Julie from Our Cozy Nook is an expert and is sharing her advice for keeping the kids healthy below:
It’s that time of year again; mom’s are rejoicing because our kids are back to school and we all have some semblance of a routine again, but none of us are looking forward to all the new germs that seem to get brought home those first few months. Thankfully, I have had really good luck proactively supporting my kiddos immunity with essential oils and my kids very rarely miss a day of school, and I want that for you too!
Continue reading “Fighting Those Back to School Germs with Essential Oils”
On Sunday we were itching for a little drive so we decided to head to Michigan for the day. We had two things on our list: lunch at Green Bush Brewing and u-pick apples.
Continue reading “A Day Out of the City”
It’s been a hard week and I’m really looking forward to a quiet weekend with my family. We’re going apple picking and doing a major clean out of all of our junk drawers. Who knows what treasures we’ll find.
- Speaking of the above, this post is relevant. After the junk drawers I’m on to this project next.
- How to talk to your children about the tragedy in Las Vegas.
- I really need a reason to entertain so I can make these! So pretty and anything with bread and cheese gets my vote.
- Not only does this website make me want to jump on the next flight to Hawaii, but I’m obsessed with the branding.
- A month into school and Eyan and I both are feeling the lunch fatigue. I’m finding inspiration here.
Have a great weekend!
Today’s post comes from my lovely friend Olivia Metzger!
At just short of seven months into life with two kids I certainly don’t have it all figured out, but there are a few things that have helped me manage this crazy transition…
Continue reading “Some Advice on Going from One to Two Kids”
I don’t know about you, but this week has flown by! Hello almost weekend! We’ll be hitting up Applefest, one of my favorite Fall events in the city.
Here are some things I loved this week:
- Madewell is having a sale! Finally grabbed the fall boots I’ve been wanting.
- Sweet Jude refuses to take his Halloween costume off. It’s not even October yet! He even tries to wear it to bed. Usually I’m a DIY Halloween gal but his Cars obsession is real.
- Love it or hate it, it’s PSL season! Here’s the ultimate Chicago list.
- I made this for dinner the other night and it was a hit. Super easy to customize for everyone’s tastes too (more spice for Bill, just s&p for Jude, extra guac for Eyan). This is on the menu for next week.
- I can’t wait for this movie to come out.
Have a great weekend!
All moms have a long list of titles: caretaker, lunch maker, nurse and human pillow, to name a few. Over three and a half years ago I added business owner to that list of titles. While I firmly believe taking the leap was a good step for me, it definitely took up whatever free time I did have.
Continue reading “How I Learned to Prioritize Self Care (and I’m a Better Mom For It)”
Here is a round-up of five of my favorites from this week:
- This sweater from Anthropologie. Yes, it’s 90 degrees out but I might just have to go back for it (and this one too).
- Adam Ellis’ Ghost Story. If you’ve been following my Instagram stories this week you may have seen my posts about the Dear David Twitter story. I’m obsessed. I’m freaked. And I vow to never read his updates in the dark alone ever again.
- What’s Your Mom Schedule? Love this post from Tubby Todd. When I was in the thick of it with a newborn I always wondered what others were doing.
- My BFF/cousin just had a baby! She’s across the country so I’m sending her some goodies from my favorite Clary Collection. Can’t wait to meet sweet Drew Clementine.
- This is the best thing to happen to Instagram in a long time.
Have a good weekend!