When we had our kids our first child – our dog – defintely lost some of our attention. We try to spoil him now and then to make up for it, with nice treats and toys.
Our friends at Rover asked us to share a DIY for pets so our gift this year was easy: a no sew sweater made from an old holiday sweater! Learn more below:
The holidays are a time for family, inspiration, and creativity. If you’re anything like the Dog People at Rover.com, involving the family pet in festivities is a given. We’ve worked with 12 DIY bloggers to bring you a different daily craft for 12 days, for you to try at home. So deck the paws and count down to a furry Christmas with us!
On the Fifth Day of DIY, your fur love did receive: DIY Healthy Dog Treats.
On the Sixth Day of DIY, your fur love will receive: DIY No Sew Dog Sweater.
- Measure your pup around the chest, neck and from the neck to the base of the tail.
2. Find a sweater that has a sleeve wide enough to fit around your dog’s chest.
3. Cut the sleeve off of the sweater.
4. Measure down from the cuff and cut the sleeve so that the top is longer than the bottom. Hint: If your pup is a boy cut the underside short!
5. Now you just need to cut leg holes! You don’t need to cut large holes because the sweater material will stretch. Measure your pup from the bottom side of the neck to where their legs are. Measure how far the pup’s legs are apart. For a small dog this is usually about 5” down the and 3-4 inches apart. Cut the holes out of the bottom layer of the sweater only!
6. Try the sweater on your pup and make adjustments if necessary!
Keep your pup warm this winter!